Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Spirit Lifting Jacarandas


It really is the best time of year to be in Buenos Aires. I got here about a year ago and have been bragging about the jacarandas in spring ever since. How nice to be in a city where the seasons are so concrete. This first picture was taken in my neighborhood, Las Cañitas.

I was reading a fellow blogger's posts the other day and found out that LA has a pretty mean jacaranda season too. Check her photo out on Tango Cherie.


This picture was taken outside of the international post office where I went to pick up a box of books I sent myself. The mail service works. This was a big move for me. Sending my stuff from back home might mean I´m staying put for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The LA Jacaranda season is probably different as you are upside down.

I believe international book rate has gone up 350%. This is hard on many grassroots educational projects.

Inspirosity said...

Upside down or right side up? Honestly, I still can't get used to Christmas in the summer and winter in July. I do feel a bit upside down. It's like when I moved to Egypt and the first day of the workweek was Sunday. Took me three years to tell my students I'd see them again on Sunday. Then I moved.

Are you serious? 350%? It's a good thing I sent myself those boxes. Plus, hanging out in the main post office was pretty interesting. Great place to people watch. It makes you wonder what's inside all of their boxes.