Saturday, November 24, 2007

Treat your Tastebuds in Mendoza

Here are some amazing dining options in Mendoza.



Bistro La Tupiña in the Altus Bodega – This is my favorite for lunch. It's in Tupungato so you can see that beautiful valley and the stunning Andes. The entire dining experience is unique. You´re greeted near the open oven by the chef who mingles with the guests and explains that every ingredient is from the valley. The lunch begins with tapas and white wine, then moves on to the dinning room where we had a stew (locro), then a meat course (chivito-baby goat) with vegetables, and an amazing dessert. Each course is served with a different Altus wine. There are tables inside and outside. The whole lunch took about four hours.


I can't find the page for it, but you can see pictures of it on my Flickr site under Mendocino Bodegas
There are others available here.

La Sal - Unbelievable steak, live music (but not loud), beautiful decor, yummy desserts, great wine list. There are pictures of this restaurant on my Flickr site in the Mendoza set.

1884 - I had the best chivito of my life here. The place is gorgeous and the menu is filled with local flavors done imaginatively. We also had an pears, prosciutto, and parmesan shavings dressed with olive oil and herbs that was scrumptious.

Azafran is just around the corner from La Sal. We couldn't get a seat without a reservation. The place was packed. It looked delicious. Maybe next time.

Club Tapiz - Lots of people have recommended Club Tapiz. I haven't eaten there, but it's on my list.

No comments: