Monday, August 9, 2010

Preserving Lemons




It’s winter and the markets are citrus full. I’ve been wanting to preserve lemons for a while now and I finally did.

I took the best looking lemons of the bunch I bought at the market on Saturday. Washed them and rubbed off any blemishes. Then I cut off the ends or stems and cut down about 3/4 of the way in a cross to quarter them but leave the base intact.

I put about a tablespoon of Kosher salt in the bottom of a jar and then poured salt inside the quartered lemons. Then I shoved, and I mean shoved, the lemons in the jar so that the salt would mix with the lemon juice. Once the jar was full, I squeezed a few lemons to fill the jar with juice and sprinkled some more Kosher salt on the top.


Supposedly in three weeks I’ll have preserved lemons and we can try some Moroccan dishes. Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

zmtnjubwaifffdiintyy, justin bieber baby, xsmkmhb.

Anonymous said...

To be a noble benign being is to procure a kind of openness to the mankind, an skill to group undeterminable things beyond your own pilot, that can take you to be shattered in very extreme circumstances pro which you were not to blame. That says something uncommonly weighty thither the fettle of the ethical passion: that it is based on a corporation in the up in the air and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a spy than like a prize, something somewhat dainty, but whose mere special attraction is inseparable from that fragility.

Anonymous said...

To be a upright charitable being is to procure a make of openness to the world, an cleverness to group undeterminable things beyond your own manage, that can govern you to be shattered in uncommonly outermost circumstances on which you were not to blame. That says something exceedingly outstanding about the condition of the honest passion: that it is based on a trust in the uncertain and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a spy than like a jewel, something somewhat dainty, but whose mere particular handsomeness is inseparable from that fragility.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking continuously this [url=http://www.sacslongchamppliagefr.eu/sac-longchamp-pliage-cheval-au-g-c-13.html]sac longchamp pliage cheval[/url] blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the ultimate phase :) I care for such information much. sac longchamp pliage [url=http://www.sacslongchamppliagefr.eu/sac-longchamp-pliage-cheval-au-g-c-13.html]sac longchamp pliage cheval[/url] ,I was seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time. Thanks and good luck.