Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Friends from the Interior

Why does my toilet always shut down when I'm about to receive company? Which leads me to one of my favorite expressions in Castellano: "voy despedir mis amigos del interior." Or in literal English, "I'm going to say goodbye to my friends from the Interior" and in real English, "I'm going to take a dump."

Considering all of my friends here in Argentina are from the Interior, I'm not too sure what that says about them or me for the matter. And why have my last two blog entries been about excretion?

3 comments:

tangocherie said...

I LOVE this expression! I can't wait to use it and see the expressions on the faces of my friends.

The only similar expression I've heard here is, Voy a peinarme, but I've never used it either.

But then I expect only guys talk like that.

Inspirosity said...

Oooo a peinarme. Yep, that sounds like a guy thing. I have often wondered what takes men so long in the bathroom.

You're going to get great laughs with the friends from the Interior. I'm even thinking I'll say back in the States. It should be universal.

Anonymous said...

"And why have my last two blog entries been about excretion?"

Don't get pissed off at yourself about this...
Excretion is always present but seldom discussed.
It's like the elephant in the room... or rather the elephant poop in the room.
In this case it's a city elephant saying goodbye to country friends of considerable proportions.